Code of Conduct
The code of conduct applies to trustees, staff and volunteers of the Animal Evac New Zealand Trust in their role within the trust.
- We act in accordance with the values set by the Trust:
- We are the leading voice for all animals affected by disaster
- We act to do the right thing for the animals in a disaster management context
- We develop local capacity to create animal inclusive community resilience
- We hold to account those with responsibilities to protect animals from disaster
- We inform our position and activities using best practice and scientific knowledge
- We do not advocate on non-disaster related animal welfare issues.
- We act free of discrimination and provide a safe environment for others
- We place safety above all other work priorities
- We act in a way that recognises and values diversity
- We promote the international principles of emergency management 
- We adhere to the international code of conduct for humanitarian NGOs 
- We protect the privacy of information given to us to maintain public confidence
- We adhere to the rules, policies, procedures and other directions as set by the trust
- We do not act in a way that brings the trust into disrepute.
 Further information on the POEM are available from http://www.iaem.com/page.cfm?p=about/em-principles of which AENZ is a signatory to (and NZ”s first animal charity to sign up to).
 Further information on this code is available from http://media.ifrc.org/ifrc/who-we-are/the-movement/code-of-conduct/ of which AENZ is a signatory to (and the only NZ based animal charity to be a signatory to).