Book now to secure your spot on the foundation courses running in Wellington and Napier in October.
The Wellington course runs through the weekend of 5 and 6 October, the Napier course is on 19 and 20 October. The courses are always popular and fun weekends, so get in quick!
After the course, you’ll come away with fantastic skills, including an understanding of pet friendly sheltering, a familiarity with animal registration database software and microchip scanning, and even dog bite prevention!
NZVNA members are eligible for 5.5 CPD credits for the course.
The list of topics covered over the two days are:
- Overview of Animal Evac NZ: What we are and are not
- Animal Evac Vision, Values and Code of Conduct
- Animal emergency management philosophy
- Civil Defence Emergency Management in NZ overview
- Welfare services in an emergency
- Temporary emergency animal accommodation options
- Animal evacuation registration (database) and reunification
- Animal Evac NZ activation and command
- Future training options and requirements
- Health and safety
- Establishing pet friendly shelters/emergency assistance centres
- Dog bite prevention